Here at A Pest Pro, we never underestimate the damage ants can do to one’s home or business. Ant infestation can cause serious structural damages, spread disease, contaminate food, and harm people and pets nearby. These pests can also draw more pests i.e. cockroaches, flies, and rats to your property.
If you are seeing small trails of ants in your kitchen, dining area, or garage, we strongly urge you to call the professionals. The problem with ants is not detection, but complete extermination. Unfortunately, many DIY methods and so-called “exterminators” can’t accomplish a safe and sustainable job. Here at A Pest Pro, we guarantee hassle-free and affordable Ant Pest Control Solutions to the good people of Arlington, Mansfield, Fort Worth, Texas area.
Types of Ants
- Black House Ants – Nuisance ants that scavenge for food in trash cans and sewers, and eventually making their way to the kitchen and bedroom.
- Fire Ants – Very aggressive ants that have a painful sting and can cause severe allergic reactions and infection.
- Carpenter Ants – Often associated with termites in damaging parts of the house and furniture.
- Field Ants – Large ants often found in lawns and near vegetation and can spray formic acid.
- Odorous Ants – Known for a foul smell resembling rotten coconuts or fruits when crushed.
- Ghost Ants – Pale colored ants that often infest greenhouses and eventually homes nearby in search of sweets.
- Bulldog Ants – Aggressive ants that can sting as painfully as Fire Ants, but repeatedly and sometimes with a bigger stinger.
- Acrobat Ants – Known to raise their abdomen above their heads when threatened or disturbed, followed by stinging and releasing an unpleasant smell.
- Crazy Ants – Nuisance ants that run sporadically when disturbed.
- Sugar Ants – Pests always in search for sweets, with the black-colored and winged males and orange-colored females.
- Pharaoh Ants – Common pests found in warm establishments or with heaters such as hospitals and nursing homes.
Other Types of Ants
- Argentine Ants – Often found in wall insulations and voids, known to emit a musty smell when crushed, and great in breeding rapidly.
- Asian Needle Ants – Mostly found outdoors with high moisture and only stings when threatened or injured.
- Citronella Ants – Famous for releasing a lemon-like smell when crushed.
- Thief Ants – Known to plant larvae in dead insects and animals, making the offspring heavy carriers of disease.
- Pavement Ants – From the name itself, they make nests under cracks in pavement, which includes sidewalks and driveways.
- Dark Rover Ants – Nuisance ants that often thrive in densely populated areas in search for sweets.
- Leaf-Cutting Ants – Known for their distinctly long legs and large body. These worker ants rarely pose a threat and often keep to themselves in the outdoors.
- Field Ants – Rarely found indoors, they can be dangerous since they sting painfully and spray formic acid.
Kindly take note that these are the types of ants most prevalent in Texas and nearby states. It is still best to have experts properly inspect your property. There can be other classifications of ants not specified above.
Ant Pest Control Services
Ant Treatments – With the wide variety of ant types comes the equally flexible and effective ant treatment solutions we have here in A Pest Pro. We make sure that we have properly identified the ant species and considered the weather and environment before recommending a treatment. We have Baiting, Liquid Treatment, and Using Dusts and Non-Repellent Sprays.
Ant Prevention – We can customize a monthly to year-long complete and maintenance packages to make sure that your home or business is safe from all types of ants.
Why A Pest Pro?
- Safe and Eco-Friendly Methods – Over the years we have mastered the safest and most effective methods in pest control as well as discover new ways on how to do them without harming the environment.
- Local Ant Professionals – We are a family-owned business. This means that you can count on us to have your welfare our top priority. We only hire local pest control professionals who know Arlington, its surrounding areas, and their city regulations like the back of their hand.
Don’t wait for ants and other pests to endanger the people you hold dear. Call A Pest Pro today to learn more about our services and to schedule a FREE INSPECTION. Thank you and have a nice day!