It is almost impossible not to spot a spider in Texas. In homes, across business establishments, and in the outdoors — They are everywhere. Good news is most of them are non-venomous and don’t pose a serious threat to humans. In fact, they are even helpful in getting rid of other pests. The problem is that certain types of these arachnids can be lethal while others can multiply quickly and infest a property.
We at A Pest Pro offer safe and effective Spider Pest Control Solutions in the Arlington, Mansfield, Fort Worth, Texas area. What makes us different is that we understand how spiders breed, move, and respond to threat. If you encounter spiders in your area, we strongly urge you not to act on it yourself. You need professionals to first identify the type and then apply the necessary solutions.
Types of Spiders
- Black Widow – Known as the most venomous spiders in North America, black widows have shiny black bodies with a small red marking at the bottom. They often reside in dark areas, which your child or pet can easily stumble into by accident, i.e. garages, attics, basements, closets, barns. Their bites are quite painful and in a matter of minutes the victim will feel tremors, vomiting, and loss of muscle control as symptoms of poison.
- Brown Recluse – These spiders can be identified because of a violin-shaped mark on top of their head. Similar to the black widow, they can be found in dark, dry places indoors. They usually hunt at night and are barely active during the day. It can take weeks to heal from one bite.
Other Types of Spiders
- Southern House Spiders – These non-aggressive spiders are often mistaken for recluse or brown widow. They are very shy and will only bite when threatened. You can often spot their webs in the ceiling or roof.
- Wolf Spiders – These large spiders can run around and hunt any time of the day. Although their bites are not lethal, they will still hurt, which according to many resemble the pain of getting stung by a wasp.
- Brown Widows – The lighter cousin of the black widow is known to be even more venomous. Good news is that they inject venom in smaller amounts and rarely go out of their way to bite.
- Grass Spiders – These spiders enter one’s home only during the cold season. They are very non-aggressive and will only release mildly toxic venom only when startled or threatened.
- Gray Wall Jumping Spider – These small gray spiders are often the ones biting humans. The bites are not necessarily venomous or painful, but they can still trigger allergic reactions and irritate the skin.
Why A Pest Pro?
- Safe and Eco-Friendly Methods – Over the years we have mastered the safest and most effective methods in pest control as well as discover new ways on how to do them without harming the environment.
- Local Spider Professionals – You can count on our team to prioritize yours and your family’s welfare. We only hire local pest control professionals who know Arlington, its surrounding areas. Hiring a team from your community means that there will be accountability.
Don’t wait for spiders and other pests to endanger the people you care about. Call A Pest Pro today to learn more about our services and to schedule a FREE INSPECTION. Thank you and have a nice day!